File an Extension and Tone Down the Tension!

We’re just a few hours shy of the 2017 Tax deadline. Have you filed your return? Or are you searching for receipts, trying to remember all your business mileage and valiantly trying to finish your bookkeeping? If it’s the latter don’t worry. All you need to do is request an extension and voila! you’ll get an extra 6 months to file your returns.

Pretty cool, right? Yes! So don’t drive yourself crazy; instead, take a deep breath, complete the IRS Extension of Time Request Form and ensure that you account for all your business expenses. That way you can maximize your deductions; even those that are being fazed out with the new tax law.

But hurry. You only have until April 17th, 2018 (today!) to file for an extension. Otherwise, you could be subject to a late filing penalty. Click here to go to the IRS website to download an Extension of Time Request Form.

Now that you have that extension lets have a quick heart to heart. Are you absolutely dreading going through those receipts and mileage logs? Guest what? You don’t have to! Add me as part of your tribe! I’m both an Enrolled Agent (IRS Designation) and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. This means that I possess a powerful combination of experience, formal training and knowledge to help you maximize your deductions. All you have to do is schedule your FREE Consultation to get started.

As always, this information is not legal advice, and you should consult a tax professional (like me!) to determine what is right for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *